It’s been a while….
I just realized that the last time I published anything new on this site was in April of 2017. Crazy! I’ve gotten tons of compliments about my writing since I started this blog in 2014. Apologies if you’ve missed reading it.
I’ve been doing some writing in a few other places lately though:
- Earlier this year, I co-authored a book called The Ultimate Travel Guide For Runners with my friend, travel expert Carol Valls. It contains a bunch of tips and tricks for saving time and money on race travel (and travel in general).
- We also appeared on five episodes of the DizRuns Podcast over the summer to talk about:
- I’ve also published some blog posts on this travel website:
- If you’re into reading about Technology, I also recently took over ownership of the Salesforce.org Ask An Architect blog series. My teammates and I will be posting there every month about topics related to Salesforce, CRM and Enterprise Architecture.
My last post here was about my first successful Chicago art run with Runstreet. We’ve done five more here since then including our most recent 2018nChicago Marathon Shakeout Art Run, which was sponsored by Clif Bar.
I also finished my goal of running at least a half marathon in all 50 states last fall (you can read about it here if you’re interested)….
…. And this year I’ve done races in Barcelona (where I also spent an afternoon hanging out with some local street artists) and Rio de Janiero, bringing the total number of continents I’ve run on to four.
And things are about to get even busier. I have some big plans in the works for 2019. Next year I’ll be making some changes to the format of this blog (nothing too drastic – the theme will still be running and travel related) and publishing some videos on a YouTube Channel I’m in the process of creating. I’m still putting the finishing touches on everything and I’ll share some more info about this in the coming months. So far everyone I’ve talked to about this project agrees that it’s going to be awesome though, so I’m pretty excited about it. Stay tuned….
In the meantime, a couple of my friends own a travel company called 2L Travel, which hosts guided tours of different places around the world. They just published their 2019 schedule. If you’re looking for something interesting to do next year, take a look at these:
- Paris And London
- Wales and England
- Southern Italy and Sicily
- Prague, Budapest & Vienna
- Thailand & Phuket
My next post should have more details about my upcoming project. Hopefully you’ll be just as interested in it as I am… Until next time!