A couple weeks ago I wrote a post inviting everyone to a 5K Fun Run and book signing event that I was hosting at The North Face Chicago on May 18th. The event was yesterday and I’m happy to say that it was a huge success.
We had an excellent turnout and kicked the evening off with a 5K run from the Hancock Building through the Oak Street Beach underpass and then north along the Chicago Lakefront Path. The turnaround point was a little bit past Lincoln Park Zoo and from there everyone headed back to The North Face for some Chicago Style pizza from Lou Malnati’s, samples from Nuun and some fruit and dessert trays.
After dinner, I gave a presentation about Destination Races and Travel Tips for Runners and took a few questions from the audience. As a note, you can find all of the travel tips I covered in my first book, Southern Fried Running – anyone who purchased something in the store last night also got a free copy of one of my books. Everyone had a great time and I’ve already been asked to come back so I’m looking forward to doing it again!
I’d like to give a special thanks to
- The North Face Chicago for allowing me to host the event at the Michigan Avenue store
- My good friend Kim Maves for coordinating everything
- Nuun for providing samples
- And especially thanks to everyone who showed up to run and check out my presentation.
- I’m looking forward to running with you guys again soon!